Saturday, October 23, 2010

Transitions

This is the time of year when my garden rapidly changes; everyday brings a new pallet of color. I have added plants over the years that provide all season interest.

Hydrangea quercifolia or native oak leaf hydrangea pictured in early summer.


It's late October and the leaves are a range of burgundy shades and the flower petals are like dried paper.

Sterling and 18k Hydrangea Earrings
This old squirrel ornament sits in the garden. I have seen real squirrels take a closer look and then run off up a tree.
Squirrel Pendant is carved and cast in sterling silver with 18k eyes


This is zelkova serrata growing in a container on my deck. Soon it will have lost all of it's leaves. But first I'll slip a few between some pages in my sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated.